Rental Conditions and Cancellations
The company Happy in the Sun offers holiday lettings in Denia and surroundings, with the aim of offering the best service and accommodation to the guest for enjoying his vacation.
These general conditions are intended to regulate the service of intermediation and organization provided by RELAX IN THE SUN, S.L. (hereinafter “Happy in the Sun”), in the rental subject of holiday accommodation, that is arranged between the guest and the company Relax in the Sun.
The signing of the rental contract implies the acceptance of each and every one of the present conditions, regardless of the contracting channel through which the reservation has been made: by phone, on the Happy in the Sun website or through booking channels or tour operators with whom Happy in the Sun has collaboration agreements.
Additionally, the rental of one of our properties implies acceptance of the particular conditions that apply to the rented property, specified in the booking contract sent to the guest.
PRICES AND ADDITIONAL EXPENSES
Rental prices vary by property and season. The prices are clearly detailed on the website, you can also contact the agency. The final cleaning is a mandatory expense that varies by property, you can also add optional expenses such as Wi-fi (if it is not standard in the property) or pet supplement, if allowed. However, everything will be reflected in the rental agreement.
Hereinafter you will find the extras you can add during your booking:
- Towels (€ 10/pers.) and sheets (€ 10/pers.)
- Accompanied by a pet (€ 30/pet)
- Cot and / or high chair (€ 20 each or € 30 both)
- Arrivals outside business hours (after 8 pm, see prices)
- Extra cleaning (€ 15/hour) during your stay (talk to the agency to agree day and time)
- Extra bed (€ 60)
- Wifi internet on request € 5/day, in case the property does not have
During the high season, from June to September inclusive, the minimum stay is 7 days. There may be exceptions. During the rest of the year the minimum stay is 3 days, in most of the properties.
For long-term bookings (of 28 days or more) there are special prices and conditions.Therefore, we charge extra expenses such as Wifi (€ 1/day), water € 20/month (for apartments and bungalows) and € 25/month (Villas and Chalets), electricity according to consumption (€ 0.25/kWh), gas according to consumption, etc.
CONDITIONS AND FORMS OF PAYMENT
To confirm the reservation, you have to pay 30 % of the rental price (without expenses). The remaining 70 % of the rental price (without expenses) must be paid min. 30 days before arrival. The remaining payment (such as the deposit and extra expenses) must be paid at the latest upon arrival and hand-over of keys.
The payment method may be through:
- Credit card (Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, UnionPay credit card). You will receive an email with a link through which you can pay by card safely
- Bank transfer, to the account indicated in the rental agreement
- Cash (remaining payment as extra expenses or rent deposit)
Cheques of any sort will not be accepted as payment.
A cancellation is possible up to 30 days before the start of the rental period in case of serious causes. Payment on account, in this case, will remain with the lessor as compensation (30 %). In the event that the contract is canceled less than 30 days before the start of the rental period, the entire amount of the rent must be paid, without the expenses. For this reason, we advise you to take out travel cancellation insurance. The company does not offer any type of insurance, so you should see it with your own insurer.
ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE POLICY
The arrival schedule is from 3:00 p.m. Exceptions can be made. The check-in is done in the property, where a person from the agency will be present for explaining in detail the functions of the house and making a brief explanation of the region. Therefore, it is advisable to indicate the approximate time of arrival and notify the agency 30-40 minutes before arriving. Upon arrival, all identity cards of tenants over 16 years of age will be requested.
The departure will be made before 10:00 am in, exception can also be made, where possible. On the day of check-out a person from the agency will go to the apartment to read the electricity meter, check the property and receive the keys.
If you arrive out of business hours, an additional supplement may apply:
- 20:00 – 22:00 50 €
- 22:00 – 24:00 100 €
- 24:00 – 02:00 150 €
- after 02:00 250 €
In case of emergency, we are 24 hours available for our guests.
RENT (SECURITY) DEPOSIT
The deposit will be established according to the property and will be paid at the latest on arrival by card or in cash, or by bank transfer a few days before arrival.
The rent deposit will be returned within a maximum period of 4 weeks after departure, by bank transfer, deducted, where appropriate, the corresponding amounts of damages caused by the tenant, lost keys or objects and deconfiguration of TV and wifi. Damages hidden during check-out, will be documented and deducted from the deposit as well. In the event that a damage, caused by the tenants, exceeds the amount of the deposit, the agency reserves the right to require the tenant compensation for the respective cost.
CHANGE OR CANCELLATION OF BOOKINGS FOR UNEXPECTED CAUSES
Happy in the Sun reserves the right to replace the booked accommodation with another of similar characteristics in case of a serious unforeseen event that prevents the client from enjoying the stay in the planned property. If it is not possible to replace the property with one of similar characteristics, or the guest does not like the proposed house, Happy in the Sun would offer a change of dates or the cancellation of the booking, returning to the guest the total amount paid.
SUGGESTIONS AND CLAIMS
Happy in the Sun reviews the rental homes regularly, to avoid incidents during the guests’ stay. Therefore, we appreciate that guests indicate any incident or suggestion during their stay to help improve.
If an error or deficiency ist found in the accommodation, the guest is expected to notify it immediately, in order to avoid misunderstandings. In case of a serious complaint, the guest must immediately notify the company Happy in the Sun. In this way, we will have the opportunity to resolve the guest’s complaint as soon as possible. The company has complaint sheets at your disposal if necessary.
CONDITIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Guest’s responsibilities. The guest who books a home for himself and other guests, will be responsible for the total rental payment and for the damages caused in the rented property.
- Maximum number of guests. The booking will be valid for the number of people indicated in the reservation contract. The accommodation of more people than those indicated, will not be allowed and the occupation with a higher number of people could result in the termination of the rental contract without refund and the loss of the deposit. If the guest needs to acommodate more people than allowed, he should consult with Happy in the Sun.
- Not all homes accept animals. The guest has the obligation to consult with the company if pets are allowed in the house. The extra cost per animal is € 30 per stay. If it is verified that the guest has introduced an animal into the rented property that does not allow animals, the company is authorized to proceed with the cancellation of the rent, without refund.
- Celebrations or parties are only allowed if the number of attendees is equal to or less than the maximum number of guests allowed in the property, provided if the schedules and regulations of the property/community are respected.
- Garden and pool: For properties with garden and/or private pool, regular maintenance is required. Usually 1 or 2 times a week. Our trustworthy collaborator has a key to access the plot without disturbing you.
- Electricity: For short stays, on arrival the kWh of the electricity meter is recorded in the presence of the guest, as well as on departure. In case of excess consumption as agreed in the rental contract, it will be charged at € 0.25/kWh. For long-term stays (of 28 days or more), it will be charged at € 0.25/kWh. The guests are recommended to make responsible and reasonable use of heating or air conditioning to avoid additional costs during their stay.
- House keys: One or two complete sets of house keys will be provided to the guest. In the event that the guest does not return or lose the provided keys, the cost of replacing the keys, and if necessary the change of the locks, will be dededucted of the security deposit.
- Additional extras: Happy in the Sun offers various accessories for rentals, such as: extra bed, cots, high chairs, etc. The prices of these extras are mentioned in the “Prices” section. You can also see them directly with the company Happy in the Sun.
- Final cleaning, bed linen and towels: Upon leaving guests, we clean and prepare the property for the next tenants. Towels and sheets are in most cases optional, if you do not want them, you can inform us a few days before your arrival and bring your own sheets and/or towels.
- Internet / wifi: Only available if indicated in the description of the accommodation. In some properties the Internet is charged, this will be reflected at the time the reservation is made. The internet connection via WIFI is a service, that the owner hires from a third company, for actions that consume a not very high amount of data and it will not be possible to claim in case of speed problems or lack of connection.
- Satellite / cable television: If the description indicates satellite or cable television, this does not automatically mean, that all the channels you would like to see, can be received. The holiday homes have decoders that are not always able to capture all international programs. Everything will depend on the type of decoder.
- Water and electricity: There may be specific cuts in water and electricity supply, due to the increase of inhabitants in the area, especially in high season. In no case may the company or the owner of the home be held responsible for any inconvenience or damage caused by said limitations.
- Works: The accommodations are usually private properties of different individual owners and are generally located in large residential areas, so incidentally, unexpected works may occur in the surrounding area. These works are usually carried out by owners, building contractors or government organizations, so we have no influence on these actions. Neither the owner nor the company assume any responsibility for the inconvenience caused by the works that are not carried out on behalf of the person in charge of the accommodation.
- Accident and theft: Neither the company Happy in the Sun nor the owner of the accommodation are responsible for any damage or injury (injuries, illness, death, property damage or theft) suffered by the guest or his companions during their stay. When making the booking, the guest agrees to take responsibility for their insurance.